I recorded at Old Cowtown Museum and thought I had obtained some interesting evidence. The tri-field EMF meter went off at the first pew of the Presbyterian church. I also found a hot spot at the same location with the thermal sensor. It was as if something was there that I could not see with my eyes. I checked every one of the rest of the pews and found nothing. Then I went back to the spot of the front pew and again found the same hot spot and EMF readings.
I planned on combining the video from the body camera with the video from the thermal sensor together with the audio from the field recorder. When I got home I found out that the video from the body camera stopped before getting to the church. The video did not show me touching the camera or even jostling the chest pack. It just stopped on its own. I got incredibly frustrated and angry.
My audio field recorder has a lock switch which disables all the other buttons until the switch is turned back again. I wish the body camera had something like that. Are some kind of stick-on "button guards" for sale on Amazon? I need to look into that.
Since then, I have gone back to the church and the tri-field EMF meter did not go off at all. Neither in that spot, nor anywhere else in the church. This may give credence to the theory that it was caused by a disembodied entity. The effect was not repeatable. Whatever caused it was there one day and gone another.
I may have figured out why the body camera stops recording. It is a problem with the battery meter and the charging port. When I plug a cable into the charging port, the body camera shows the battery is full. Every time. Even when it is not. A couple of minutes later it shows the true battery level, and the battery was nearly dead. This is why the camera stopped recording after just a few minutes.
The battery was dead because while the camera responds whenever a cable is plugged in (the power light comes on), it does not charge when plugged into a high wattage power supply like a 20 or 60-watt charger. I have to use an old 5-watt charger to actually refill the battery.
I have a large flashlight that is the same way. It is poor planning to have a device meant to be run for hours at a time that does not fast charge. So I can't use the same charging station that I use for everything else. I have to use an old power strip that has USB 1.0 charging ports on it.
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."